Thursday, November 17, 2005

Remember





What I won't forget no matter how many years pass by is the pictures of Scotland I have in my head. I had the opportunity to live in Stirling for a year for my Postgraduate studies and work for some months in Edinburgh. Scotland and Scots were great. Beatiful castles , heavenly medows lots of beer and very friendly people . What I hated though is I couldn;t find a decent place to listen to some Rock music at all!! I had to listen to Abba every Saturday..!!!
The Highlands is a place that you must definately visit if you go to Scotland, Iverness , Lochness , Isle of Sky , Oban , were some of the places I ;ve seen , all magical. Traveling with the train up there is a good way to go there . You enjoy the landscape and you can relax in the comfortable seats. If you cannot afford toom much for a sleep , a Youth Hostel is a good choic. Beware though...you must sleep with your belongings as the pillow if you don;t want to get robbed and you must be prepared for a drunk tenant or a careless one. I still remember the Italian girl who threw her socks on my head while I was sleeping !! If you choose to visit during August you must see Edinburgh's festival . Anyway I wish I could stay there more ,I've promised myself someday I will return and have even more fun than before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home