Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Prague through my eyes




Ok guys! First be sure you don’t go with a group! You lose the city’s pulse …
Go by yourself with a very good guidebook and explore the city up to where you can handle it….To tell you the truth the best combination is traveling with the agency to get all the fixed prices of the tickets and the Hotel but when you arrive there don’t follow them , you will not have the chance to see what you want and you will always be running to catch them!
I personally did not find what I was looking for in Prague; the atmosphere was spoiled by the people’s philosophy. What do I mean? Let’s say how you would feel if you were inside Kafka’s café and you had to listen to to Whitney Houston!!?????(xenera)
However the city is indeed very gothic, beautiful, romantic and intriguing. I was lucky because last week Prague had so much snow that made the landscape even more beautiful. You must definately have a night walk up to Charles bridge with the imposing black statues’ looking at you as if they are about to speak…(Remember Interview with the Vampire:"Look with your Vampire eyes” )
Don’t miss the Golden lane inside Prague’s castle where they claim the Alchemists lived (some say it’s a myth, since they could not afford living their...) . It;s very nice narrow alley with samll houses with souvenirs . Also visit Franz Kafka’s house which is now turned into a little bookstore. Mucha’s gallery could be interesting (I did not go), he is a famous Czech artist who I could dare say depicted figures with a Rennaisance essence . What to eat? xmm...Eat sausage with mustard and red hot wine at the central square but beware of the beggars they can grab the sausage from your plate as they did to my friend!! Eat goulas , their traditional food ,it has sause and bread . In general if you are on a diet just forget your diet there! Music? A club you can visit is the 5 stage-club if you are a dancing type. Five stages with different music, warehouse decoration (it is like a warehouse indeed...). The face control checks you for guns in the entrance! so you think you will enter the kingdom of music….oopsss I don’t think so it’s nothing special and watch out for the cleaning lady with the watering can, she might water you as well instead of the ficus in the corner (eleos..). I propose Its better to visit a jass club, they have many jass clubs there and they are nice.
If you miss sailing in the river don’t be sad it’s not a big deal as they told us. Do go to the Opera or a Black light theatre, it’s their traditional theatre unless you went to in Pagrati!!.,
It would be nice if you planned the excursion to Karlovy Vary as well. It’s a very pretty village where they go for balneotherapy (spa).
What else? Shopping…mmm ok I am not the shopping type , but I did buy a puppet , absinte bottles , and the stone rose they make in Karlovy Vary from their hot waters and the soil. Watch out with absinthe , it has 75% alcohol ! souvenirs ?...a lot and very cheap . You can buy whatever you want , from little plates for your mother to unique bookmarks like the one I bought with the head of King Charles. But be careful with the puppets they are fragile. That’s it! No night-guide as I promised, I was too tired to explore nightlife but I think I will return to…. sense what was not revealed to me then….……
Tatiana! Will you follow?

4 Comments:

Blogger Tatiana said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Tatiana said...

Yes yes I will follow! Yes yes yes!

As I hinted before you left Prague is magical but yes indeed groups do tend to spoil the atmosphere (Especially groups with people u don't really know and who just don't get it)

I had a best-worst Xmas in Prague, broke up over the phone with my boyfriend and fell in love the next day with a Czech.....oh well.....it was in retrospect a very nice and sexy Xmas so yes, Prague is in my fondest of fondest memories! We must go together!

I loved the Opera house, hated that club (5 stages), and loved the wine.....ahhh..you bring back all the memories you bad bad girl......lets plan ahead starting today....say next week?:P

7:07 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

I wish I could, you know better , we work at the same company , remember??ouff, but I promise when we have time we must definately plan the trip.
To tell you the truth the group was fine, we met very nice people there , people you could hang out here to , what spoiled my mood most, was the Czech people essence ..you know what I mean and possible what I had in mind that was not real..so reality covered fantasy and I tend to believe from time to time that is better if we stick to fantasy even if we live in our world!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

I really don't know ws , they told us its a myth ...I wish it's not because it surely makes me dream about their long walks up the narrow street of Golden lane

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home